We are looking for someone who is able to work as part of a team; supporting the events and restaurant managers responsible for organising our team of multi-skilled, part-time crewmembers to setup and derig events as well as maintain our event spaces.
You must have the confidence to manage a team as well as your own time in order to be able to balance the needs of the events and restaurant team whilst also carrying out routine checks and maintenance of the spaces.
You will need the care and foresight to notice things that others miss and make improvements in the way the spaces are looked after.
Ultimately at Carousel we’re all in it together – a family, a tribe – and making sure that we all work hard to support each other so everything runs smoothly is very important but so is having fun whilst doing it. We’re super proud of what we do and it’s vital that whoever joins our team holds the same values.
Example Of Roles/Responsibilities And Skills Needed:
• Organising and managing a team of young and proactive events crew
• Painting and decorating
• Some basic carpentry; fixing and maintaining chairs/tables
• Basic care and maintenance of the plumbing; flush through, maintaining taps, unblocking sinks/toilets
• Routine checks of fire alarms, security alarms, CCTV and air-con units
• Care and maintenance of tools and your areas
• Ordering of spare parts and consumables so you have all the necessary equipment to keep the spaces up to the standards we expect, without walking to the local tool shop every day
• Making sure the storage on site is organized and stock is put back correctly after events
Carousel is an award-winning creative hub that can accommodate events of all different kinds, from international guest chef residencies and art exhibitions to brand activations and press days. Split across three buildings – two in Marylebone and one in Seven Dials – and totalling just under 8,000 sq. ft., Carousel’s stylish and ultra-flexible blank canvas spaces can accommodate events of all different shapes and sizes, dry hire or bespoke. And unlike conventional event venues we’re able to offer a wide range of additional extras, all done in-house to the highest standard, thoughtfully and creatively; from top-notch food and drink to friendly staffing and creative in-house production.
2019 promises to be our most exciting yet as we look to expand the Carousel footprint, taking on new sites and continuing to partner up with an impressive portfolio of cutting edge brands such as Converse, Glossier, Tabasco, Estée Lauder, Drunk Elephant, Nikon, Lulu Lemon, Google, Penguin, Instagram, The Guardian and the NFL.
You can watch our video to get a flavour of what we’re all about: https://carouselspaces.com/about-us/