Carousel is an award-winning creative hub that can accommodate events of all different kinds, from international guest chef residencies and art exhibitions to brand activations and press days. Split across three buildings – two in Marylebone and one in Seven Dials – and totalling just under 8,000 sq. ft., Carousel’s stylish and ultra-flexible blank canvas spaces can accommodate events of all different shapes and sizes, dry hire or bespoke. And unlike conventional event venues we’re able to offer a wide range of additional extras, all done in-house to the highest standard, thoughtfully and creatively; from top-notch food and drink to friendly staffing and creative in-house production.
2019 promises to be our most exciting yet as we look to expand the Carousel footprint, taking on new sites and continuing to partner up with an impressive portfolio of cutting edge brands such as Converse, Glossier, Tabasco, Estée Lauder, Drunk Elephant, Nikon, Lulu Lemon, Google, Penguin, Instagram, The Guardian and the NFL.
Sales Account Manager
Key Responsibilities :
The Account Manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of existing clients both agencies and corporates with the clear objective to manage the relationship for retention and growth.
– Maintaining and building relationships with current and previous clients as well as people who have enquired about having their events at Carousel.
– To be a key contributor to the Sales and Account Management strategy and to develop and establish clear work plans to achieve relevant targets and goals.
– Respond to incoming enquiries from existing accounts, generate relevant sales proposals and send out and secure client booking forms.
– Monitor and report regularly on designated accounts and highlight new opportunities to improve deals and increase average revenue from allocated accounts.
– Creating extensive database of current, previous and lost clients.
– Developing a key client list of companies and several contacts within each one.
– Organising events, showcases and incentives to invite clients to, to grow loyalty, and long term relationships with existing accounts.
– Organising weekly one on ones with each key client – Liaise with Front of House to ensure a smooth handover of sold events and ensure that events are planned and delivered to client’s specification and budget.
– Work with the office sales team to enable them to provide relevant support to this role.
– Liaise with Marketing Executive where required to secure relevant marketing support.
– Ensure that all sales and account management administration procedures are properly implemented and completed to achieve targets.
– Making sure that all clients, agencies and partners have the most up to date information on Carousel.
– Creating and presenting monthly reports.
– Working to sales targets and working creatively to meet the targets in slower months.
– Create monthly reports for monthly meeting with Head of Sales.
– Experience of working in the events and food industry.
– Experience of working in a target driven sales environment.
– Demonstrable success in a Sales/Account Management role.
– Appropriate experience relevant to the role in the Events Industry.
– Proven Track Record and experience of delivering confident Sales Pitches.
– Sales skills including ability to listen and identify the needs of the client.
– Ability to work to targets.
– Results driven and motivated to work to hit and exceed targets.
– Keen problem solver with the ability and willingness to take ownership & resolve issues.
– Ability to build relationships with clients and work in their best interests.
– Ability to develop and maintain strong, professional working relationships with colleagues.
– Little black book of relevant contacts and potential clients within the industry.
– Organised and efficient. Happy to multi task.
– Experience in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and CRM databases.
– Comfortable with creating in depth reports.
– Confident and friendly manner in all forms of communication.
– Energetic and can-do attitude.
– Creative flair.
– Ability to work autonomously on projects as well as with other members of the Carousel team on ad-hoc projects.
– Professional attitude to work.
– Excellent phone and ‘face-to-face’ manner.
– Team Player and self-starter with an enthusiastic and positive outlook.
– Methodical and organised approach to work with good attention to detail.
– Flexible and fun with a good sense of humour.
– Be eligible to live and work in the UK.