HEAD OF SALES
Your mission, if you choose to accept it…
We’re on the lookout for an awesome new Head of Sales to lead our talented young sales team, selling high-profile events across three Carousel venues and five unique spaces, driving sales for our production arm Shuttlecock Inc and collaborating closely with the Head of Event Operations to make the magic happen. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the sales strategy, responding quickly to seasonal changes and spearheading new projects such as offsite events and the opening of new venues. You will also be responsible for developing the team, helping them to harness their potential and achieve amazing things together.
Carousel is an award-winning creative hub that can accommodate events of all different kinds, from international guest chef residencies and art exhibitions to brand activations and press days. Split across three buildings – two in Marylebone and one in Seven Dials – and totalling just under 8,000 sq. ft., Carousel’s stylish and ultra-flexible blank canvas spaces can accommodate events of all different shapes and sizes, dry hire or bespoke. And unlike conventional event venues we’re able to offer a wide range of additional extras, all done in-house to the highest standard, thoughtfully and creatively; from top-notch food and drink to friendly staffing and creative in-house production.
2019 promises to be our most exciting yet as we look to expand the Carousel footprint, taking on new sites and continuing to partner up with an impressive portfolio of cutting edge brands such as Converse, Glossier, Tabasco, Estée Lauder, Drunk Elephant, Nikon, Lulu Lemon, Google, Penguin, Instagram, The Guardian and the NFL.
What that looks like day-to-day…
• Work with the Directors of the company to set quarterly revenue targets and develop strategies to hit them. Report weekly on progress and forecast likely outcomes
• Set quarterly KPIs in line with company objectives, report and feedback on progress on a quarterly basis
• Manage and mentor the sales team through weekly 121 meetings and personal development reviews every 6 months
• Calculate potential yield across all venues to forecast revenue and develop growth strategy
• Identify new business opportunities such as event sponsorship and client or agency retainer deals and implement these to open up new revenue streams
• Partner with the Head of Event Operations and their team of event producers to brilliantly execute the events we sell
• Partner with the marketing team to ensure the Carousel spaces are promoted to the right audience, in the right places. Use best in class examples of events to produce new marketing materials and case studies. Run showcase events to show clients the best uses and experiences that our spaces can offer
• Develop training programmes for the sales team – nailing down core sales skills such as negotiation, forecasting and assertiveness, along with other transferable skills that will further their own individual development
• Act as an ambassador for Carousel – bringing your own set of contacts and selling events alongside the team
• Act as a representative of Carousel in our relationships with landlords and estate managers, liaising on lease conditions and the promotion of events
• Monitor competitor venues and current trends in event production and catering
Core Skills & Experience
• Previous experience in leading a successful sales team
• Previous experience in senior sales role with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed targets
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present strategies and results to staff members at every level of the company
• Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with current and prospective clients
We do our best to respond to everyone, however, due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for interviews may be contacted.