HEAD OF EVENT OPERATIONS
We’re on the lookout for an awesome new Head of Event Operations to lead,
manage and develop our bright and energetic young events team, overseeing the
organisation and execution of a revolving line-up of high profile brand activations,
product launches, press dinners, workshops, weddings, private parties, live
performances and just about every other kind of event you can think of.
The beauty of Carousel is that no two days here are ever the same. Achieving that takes careful planning and meticulous choreography, juggling multiple spaces and multiple moving parts. Candidates must therefore have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, and an unflinching ability to think calmly and creatively under pressure. If you fit that profile and you like the sound of heading up the UK’s ‘best venue team’ (2018 Campaign Event Awards), we’d love to hear from you.
Carousel is an award-winning creative hub that can accommodate events of all different kinds, from international guest chef residencies and art exhibitions to brand activations and press days. Split across three buildings - two in Marylebone and one in Seven Dials - and totalling just under 8,000 sq. ft., Carousel’s stylish and ultra-flexible blank canvas spaces can accommodate events of all different shapes and sizes, dry hire or bespoke. And unlike conventional event venues we’re able to offer a wide range of additional extras, all done in-house to the highest standard, thoughtfully and creatively; from top-notch food and drink to friendly staffing and creative in-house production.
2019 promises to be our most exciting yet as we look to expand the Carousel footprint, taking on new sites and continuing to partner up with an impressive portfolio of cutting edge brands such as Converse, Glossier, Tabasco, Estée Lauder, Drunk Elephant, Nikon, Lulu Lemon, Google, Penguin, Instagram, The Guardian and the NFL.
You can watch our video to get a flavour of what we’re all about: https://carouselspaces.com/about-us/
• You will be responsible for producing Carousel’s calendar of events, from the moment they’re handed over by the sales team right through to execution, feedback and follow-ups.
• Key to this will be the management, training and nurturing of Carousel’s team of event producers, and the development and implementation of the set of processes they follow (in line with the company’s commitment to constant and never-ending improvement).
• You will oversee staffing, training, procurement, production design and client relationship management to ensure we deliver extraordinary events and experiences across the board.
• You will sit on Carousel’s management team, helping to shape the evolution of the company and our future strategy: new products, new processes, new projects etc.
• You will be responsible for upholding Carousel’s core values: family, care, support, confidence, creativity and fun.
We’re looking for someone with great management experience and a proven track
record in a similar industry (events, hospitality etc.), Our working environment is
lively, varied and creative, but it’s also very fast-paced, so you’ll need to be flexible,
adaptable and full of beans. You need to be confident, organised and positive, with
the ability to inspire others. You also need excellent attention to detail. And last but
not least, you need to share our ambition to be the absolute best in the business.